Monday, March 17, 2008

Killing Time in Cusco

Jules and I arrived in Cusco on the 27th of March and had three days to get acclimated to the altitude before our Inka trail trek. Our days were basically spent shopping, eating, sightseeing and one night of regretted drinking. Our first night we decided to drink some wine which was a very bad idea. We each had about 4 glasses of wine and because of the altitude were paying for it the next day. Honestly, I haven't felt that bad since my first night in South America. So we pretty much wasted one day sleeping and dragging ourselves out of bed for some pizza. The next couple days we spent exploring the city which is really beautiful minus all the children begging and people trying to sell you things.


Plaza de Armas at night.


...and during the day.


Jules and I in the gardens at Qoricancha which
is the ancient Inka Temple of the Sun.


I'm pretty much a model.


View of Cusco.


Local women weaving.


Viva El Peru!

No comments: