Thursday, March 6, 2008

Beach Life

From Cartagena we made our way east on the Caribbean coast to the small village of Taganga. The town is a major scuba dive spot but after my last stint at scuba diving I opted for the beach. It was super chilled out and we had a great group of friends there.


Bay of Taganga.

More smoothies!


Headed down to the beach.


Massage attack by the locals. I'm really
fighting it aren't I?


Jules was also a target!


Paradise.

Valentines day was celebrated with some
homeade pizzas and vino tinto.


Sandra, the baguette lady and her lovely
daughter.


A local guy selling bracelets. Sophy
and I were easy customers.


Sophy and I on our last day in Taganga. She
was headed back to Cartagena to sail up to
Panama. I would have loved to have gone
with her!


A night out in Taganga. Hiro is the man!

After Taganga we headed to Parque Tayrona which is a National Park that has some of the most beautiful beaches in Colombia. There are only campsites in the park so you can either hire a tent or a hammock. We opted for hammocks as we were getting pretty used to sleeping in them. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes were vicious and it wasn't the most comfortable night's sleep. (As romantic as it may sound!)


The hike starts in the jungle and ends along
the many remote beaches.


We camped at this beach.


I've been told I have a "strut"....


Parque Tayrona photo shoot.

On the way out of the park you can usually hitch a ride on a scooter or in someone's car to the entrance of the park for a small sum. We didn't see anyone so we decided to walk it. As we neared the end of the road some friendly Colombian police men gave us a ride. Machine guns and all!


I think we caused quite a scene!

1 comment:

Shey said...

that last pic is CLASSIC! Love it! That beach is incredible btw.