Monday, December 31, 2007

A Copacabana Christmas

Being here in South America over the holidays has been a little hard, because although I wouldn´t complain about a thing, it seems weird to not have your family around during this time. Luckily, we were in Rio and there was plenty to do! On Christmas Eve, we went out on a boat trip with a bunch of people from the hostel and it was a blast! Things in Brazil do not move very fast so when something says it starts at 2:00 it really means 3:30-4:00. One thing I have gained on this trip is patience, so it didn´t bum me out too much. Eventually we set sail on a really nice boat with endless caiprinhas, food, a DJ and lots of good friends.

Setting sail!

Shaemus & Gary getting wild!

Jules, Me, Adam & Rachael chillin on the boat.
We all shared a dirty dorm room for many days
together!

Jules and I enjoying our Christmas cruise.

Me and Sugarloaf.


Rocking out with the DJ.


Rachael and I showing off our matching rings
from the hippie market.


A damn good way to spend Christmas Eve.

Tearing it up on the dance floor!

The party wore on well into the night and got a little fuzzy, but we all spent it like the Brazilians do - partying and dancing to celebrate. You wouldn´t expect any less would you?


Feeling good on Xmas Eve!

The next day, Christmas Day was spent on the beach of Copacabana with all the other cariocas. We had a great group and relaxed on the beach.


Copacabana - Christmas Day 2007.

Christmas in Rio was the next best thing to being with my family and we made the best of it. A bunch of girls ended up doing secret santa so we all got a little something. Of course Jules got my name and got me a cute pair of earrings. Guess it´s appropriate, she´s the closest I have to family here and I am so lucky to have her as a friend!

No comments: