Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bonita Buenos Aires

Everything you´ve probably heard about Buenos Aires is true. It never sleeps, portenos (what people from BsAs are called) are beautiful, tango fills the streets and the city revolves around it´s cafe culture. Everywhere in the city you will find tables outside with people enjoying a cafe, gaseosa, or cerveza with friends. People here are very affectionate. Not just the couples you will see making out and cuddling all over the city, but the men kiss each other on the cheek. It´s a very warm greeting anytime you meet someone here. I really liked that. The past week was a very leisurely week. I certainly felt as though I was on vacation. Julie and I would sleep in, take showers, read in the common area of the hostel (just finished Eat Pray Love - an excellent book ladies) and then go grab a factura or pastry, grab some lunch and then head out to explore one of the neighborhoods of BsAs. After a week though, I was ready to go. I was just antsy to get going, to see the landscape of Argentina that I had heard so much about. Nevertheless, Buenos Aires is a fantastic city with a lot of energy, warmth and beauty. And I had a great time there. Stef arrived on Saturday and we bummed around the city, going to the Palermo and San Telmo markets and visiting the Recoleta cemetary which is where Evita is buried. Here are some pics of the city:

Streets of La Boca

La Boca - working class neighborhood of BsAs


San Telmo Market


Old perfume bottles at San Telmo Market


Cute Argentinian men.


Stef arrived safely!

We´re in Mendoza right now which is the wine country! We are doing a trekking/rappelling tour tomorrow and renting bikes to ride through the vineyards or botegas Thursday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures, especially the cute guy sucking in his gut for the hot senoritas! Looks like a colorful city and you are enjoying it. Have fun in Mendoza with Steph and Jules! Lots of love, Mom

Patrick Moloney said...

Great shots Teen, keep up the good work.

Shey said...

The city looks beautiful! Through your eyes and words I feel like I'm there - great photos too!

Shey said...

PS I want a crafty picture icon like Pat has. Hmph.

Emily said...

Hey there!
I love seeing all the pictures of your trip so far; it really seems like you are having a great time. And I can tell your espanol es muy beuno! By the way...what is Bife? Is that Beef? I think I need to brush up on my espanol...:)